Two panel discussions will top and tail our ‘Wolves and Apples’ event on October 3rd.
WHY WRITE FOR CHILDREN?
The opening discussion will introduce the event and our guest speakers and touch on some key aspects of creating work for children and young adults.
Possible Areas of Discussion.
- How and why did the panel begin writing for children and young adults?
- What are we trying to achieve by creating work for young audiences?
- What are the pitfalls and advantages of working in this area?
- More girls than boys read. Does that matter and how does it affect the choices one makes as a writer?
Q and A.
The panel will end with an opportunity to ask questions of our speakers.
A WRITING CAREER
The closing discussion will be focused on professional development for writers. Collectively the panel has experience of publishing, writing, producing, directing, show running, and representing writers.
Potential Areas of Discussion.
- Developing a viable career: not putting all your eggs in one basket.
- Understanding how different industries (e.g. Theatre, publishing, TV) operate and work with writers.
- Presenting and submitting your work – best practice.
- Where to get further advice, support and help.
- Dos, don’ts and next steps.
Q and A
The discussion will end with a final opportunity to ask questions of our speakers.